These tips are brought to you by the Hulwick Insurance Agency, Inc..
Prior to finding you the best quote for home insurance, we always ask about smoke detectors and security systems in your home. Many insurance companies offer discounts for those homeowners who have security systems. Here are few of the different kinds of security systems that can help reduce your home insurance costs.
1. Outside lights- Set these up on timers so they come on even when you are gone. Also, motion detecting lights are an excellent deterrent and can be installed at a low cost.
2. Cameras are also a good deterrent. Place cameras around outside doors and your yard. Many home improvement stores offer cost-effective products.
3. Alarms are always a good idea. Alarm systems that are connected to a central station will yield the best discount.
Other Home Insurance Credits
Most insurance companies offer many types of discounts for homeowners. We are committed to keeping up on all these discounts to make sure you are getting the best coverage and price. Some of these discounts can include:
1. Gated communities
2. Community security
3. Updates in wiring and/or plumbing
4. New roof
5. No claims
6. Non smokers - The No. 1 cause of home fire fatalities in the United States is smoking. Smoking caused 16,000 residential fires in 2012, killing over 500 people and causing $376 million in residential property loss. Source- U.S. Fire Administration
7. Senior citizen discounts- If you are over 55 and retired you may have discounts waiting for you.
8. Sprinklers- Many new home building codes require sprinklers. These can be expensive but will provide home insurance discounts.
The Hulwick Insurance Agency, Inc. will work hard to find you the best possible combination of coverage, price and service. Please call us today at 303-789-1889 for a free quote!